Located in the heart of downtown Marinette, the Stephenson Public Library is conveniently situated on Hall Avenue, with parking off of Riverside Avenue. As the main branch of the Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Services, the Stephenson Public Library works in conjunction with the OWLSnet library consortium to share resources with community libraries across much of Northeastern Wisconsin.
In addition to the volumes of books, eBooks, audiobooks, digital audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines the library has available for the public to borrow, the Stephenson Public Library also provides public access to 12 Internet computer stations, wireless Internet, printing and photocopying, comfortable lounge chairs, a quiet study area, a children’s play area, a teen-friendly space, genealogical and local history resources, and programs to meet the needs of our community.
- New Kids Book Club beginning on Nov. 13 @ 3:45PMThe 4th, 5th and 6th Grade Book Club is beginning at the Wausaukee Library. On Monday, Nov. 13 at 3:45PM we will be discussing this fun and historically accurate book, Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko. Have you ever been to Alcatraz Island? Well, come and find out... Read more »
- Book Club continues on Oct. 23 with When Breath Becomes AirOur monthly book club will be discussing this important memoir on Monday, Oct. 23 @ 4PM. Please pick up a book at the library and join us. “At the age of thirty-six, on the verge of completing a decade’s worth of training as a neurosurgeon, Paul Kalanithi was diagnosed... Read more »
- MARINETTE: Fall Story TimesStory Times @ the Stephenson Public Library Preschool Story Time: This program is for ages 3-5 years (siblings welcome) with their adult. We sing songs, read stories, rhyme, move, and make a craft. Join us on TUESDAYS at 10:00 a.m. Be sure to check our published Fall 2017 Program Guide... Read more »
- Mark Moran at the Peshtigo Library Oct. 4, 2017Antique Appraiser, Mark Moran, will be coming to the Peshtigo Library on Wednesday, October 4th. This event is hosted by the Peshtigo Library Foundation and free to all participants and spectators. It will begin at 4 pm and go until 7 pm. Space is limited for those who wish to... Read more »
- Peshtigo Library Story TimePeshtigo Public Library story time has returned! Friday mornings at 10:30 story time begins for our preschool-aged children. The program goes for half an hour and includes two stories, and a craft to follow. Our next story time will be on September 29th with stories about Fall. On October 6th... Read more »
- Crivitz October StorytimeCRIVITZ LIBRARY OCTOBER STORYTIME Thursday, October 5th 10:00 am and 12:00 pm The mixed up Chameleon Thursday, October 12th 10:00 am and 12:00 pm Dogs colorful Day Thursday, October 19th NO STORYTIME Thursday, October 26th 10:00 am and 12:00 pm Halloween Theme... Read more »
- Science Fest at the Stephenson Public LibraryScience Fest at the Stephenson Public Library will feature demonstrations, hands-on experiments, and education to help rediscover the fun in learning scientific principles and concepts. This event will have activities for young children, teens, and adults–all are welcome to attend this free event! November 4 from 1 to 3... Read more »
- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald at the Stephenson Public LibraryThe Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald Presented by Rochelle Pennington November 20, 2017 at 6:30 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette Rochelle Pennington is a Wisconsin author, storyteller, and columnist with national renown. In this gripping narrative, she will delve into the history of the launch of the Edmund... Read more »
- The Hidden History of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at the Marinette LibraryThe Hidden History of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol Presented by Rochelle Pennington November 20, 2017 at 1:30 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette Rochelle Pennington is a Wisconsin author, storyteller, and columnist with national renown. This fascinating program takes a close-up look at the literary genius of Charles... Read more »
- State of Craft Beer at the Stephenson Public LibrarySeptember 21 at 7 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette Milwaukee author Matthew Janzen will talk about his book, which looks at craft breweries around Wisconsin. He will share photos and stories that explore every aspect of the brewing process, from visiting the fields that supply breweries with hops and... Read more »