Located in the heart of downtown Marinette, the Stephenson Public Library is conveniently situated on Hall Avenue, with parking off of Riverside Avenue. As the main branch of the Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Services, the Stephenson Public Library works in conjunction with the OWLSnet library consortium to share resources with community libraries across much of Northeastern Wisconsin.
In addition to the volumes of books, eBooks, audiobooks, digital audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines the library has available for the public to borrow, the Stephenson Public Library also provides public access to 12 Internet computer stations, wireless Internet, printing and photocopying, comfortable lounge chairs, a quiet study area, a children’s play area, a teen-friendly space, genealogical and local history resources, and programs to meet the needs of our community.
- Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book ClubWant to read ahead? This is the list of upcoming discussion books. Check InfoSoup.org to order a copy of the book. March 28, 2018: The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott April 25, 2018: Left to Tell by Immaculée Ilibagiza May 23, 2018: Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf... Read more »
- Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book ClubWant to read ahead? This is the list of upcoming discussion books. Check InfoSoup.org to order a copy of the book. February 28, 2018: The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philip Sendker March 28, 2018: The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott April 25, 2018: Left to Tell by Immaculée Ilibagiza... Read more »
- Marinette County Libraries: Collecting Valentines for VeteransShow your appreciation for the service of our Veterans by making Valentine’s Day cards and dropping them off at your local Marinette County public library by February 5, 2018. The cards will be sent to the VA Hospital in Iron Mountain and given to local Veterans in time for... Read more »
- Marinette: Story TimesPRESCHOOL and ITSY BITSY STORY TIMES: Join us on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m. for Preschool Story Time, ages 3-6; or on Wednesday mornings at 11:00 a.m. for Itsy Bitsy Story Time, ages birth to 3. Siblings are welcome at both story times Preschool Story Time offers an opportunity for your... Read more »
- Marinette: Choose Your Own Book ClubFebruary 5 at 2 PM Calling all book lovers! Meet with Librarian Mariel to talk about books, books, and more books. In addition to bringing reading suggestions on the notable books from 2017, Mariel will ask you to tell the group about the books you are reading now and the... Read more »
- Marinette: Interactive Poetry WorkshopApril 26 from 6 to 7 PM Through writing prompts and exercises, Marquette poets Troy Graham, A. Lynn Blumer, and Emily Smith will help budding and seasoned poets fine-tune poems that participants bring from home or help create poems on the spot. This workshop is for anyone who is willing... Read more »
- Marinette: Folk Music and Poetry ConcertApril 26 at 7:30 PM Stephenson Public Library Under the band name, “Girl on a Boat” from Marquette, Michigan, Troy Graham and Emily Smith will perform live original folk music. The music will be interspersed with poetry from Tory, Emily, and A. Lynn Blumer. The post Marinette: Folk Music and... Read more »
- Marinette: Winter Reading ClubWinter Reading Club! A chance to enjoy those quiet moments and possibly win a prize too. Pick up a copy of the record sheet at the circulation desk or download one here 2017 WRP Tracking sheet Club runs December 16th-January 6th. Check out the prizes on top of the holds... Read more »