Located in the heart of downtown Marinette, the Stephenson Public Library is conveniently situated on Hall Avenue, with parking off of Riverside Avenue. As the main branch of the Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Services, the Stephenson Public Library works in conjunction with the OWLSnet library consortium to share resources with community libraries across much of Northeastern Wisconsin.
In addition to the volumes of books, eBooks, audiobooks, digital audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines the library has available for the public to borrow, the Stephenson Public Library also provides public access to 12 Internet computer stations, wireless Internet, printing and photocopying, comfortable lounge chairs, a quiet study area, a children’s play area, a teen-friendly space, genealogical and local history resources, and programs to meet the needs of our community.
- Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book ClubJoin us on December 19, 2018, to discuss The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See. The Wednesday Afternoon Book Club meets at 1:00 PM at the Stephenson Public Library (1700 Hall Ave., Marinette). New members are welcome to join the discussion. The post Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book Club appeared... Read more »
- Give-a-Kid-a-Book CampaignGive the gift of reading to a child or teen in Marinette County this holiday season. The Crivitz, Marinette, and Wausaukee public libraries are collecting NEW books to give to local partners, which will distribute the books to children and teens in need this holiday season. Together we can make... Read more »
- Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book ClubWant to read ahead? This is the list of upcoming discussion books. Check InfoSoup.org to order a copy of the book. November 28, 2018: Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks December 19, 2018: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See The Wednesday Afternoon Book Club meets at 1:00 PM... Read more »
- Marinette: Retirement Accumulation WorkshopNovember 5 at 6 PM at the Stephenson Public Library Hors d’oeuvres will be served starting at 5:30 PM Alan Dewitt of Thrivent Financial will help participants find answers to questions like “How much should I save for retirement?” and “What type of accounts should I have?”. Be confident in what... Read more »
- Marinette: Safe Banking for SeniorsNovember 7 at 10 AM at the Stephenson Public Library Ellen Landenberger from Farmers & Merchants Bank & Trust will address protecting senior citizens against financial abuse. This session will be geared toward seniors and anyone who cares for an aging adult. This event is free and open to the public. The session... Read more »
- Marinette: Science Fest and Egg DropNovember 3, 2018 from 1 to 3 PM Egg Drop starts at 3 PM Science Fest at the Stephenson Public Library will feature demonstrations, hands-on experiments, and education to help rediscover the fun in science. This event will have activities for children, teens, and adults–all are welcome to attend this free event.... Read more »
- Marinette: Avada Hearing ScreeningOctober 17, 2018 at the Stephenson Public Library Please call the library at 715-732-7570 to register for your free appointment. Hearing loss can be frustrating, inconvenient and, for many, embarrassing. Although it is easy to manage, many people with hearing loss have never had their hearing checked. Avada Audiology and... Read more »
- Marinette: Fraud and Identity Theft PreventionOctober 25 at 6 PM at the Stephenson Public Library Sara Hicks from PCM Credit Union will talk about strategies to protect your personal identity against fraud and identity theft. This event is free and open to the public. This session is geared toward adults, but teens may find the... Read more »
- Marinette: The Stanley Toy Story: Fame to FireThe Stanley Toy Story: Fame to Fire With Author David Retzlaff October 15 at 6 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette David Retzlaff, a lifelong resident of Oconto, Wisconsin, has made Oconto’s former Stanley Toy Company building his home since 2005. Since that time, David has done extensive research... Read more »