Located in the heart of downtown Marinette, the Stephenson Public Library is conveniently situated on Hall Avenue, with parking off of Riverside Avenue. As the main branch of the Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Services, the Stephenson Public Library works in conjunction with the OWLSnet library consortium to share resources with community libraries across much of Northeastern Wisconsin.
In addition to the volumes of books, eBooks, audiobooks, digital audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines the library has available for the public to borrow, the Stephenson Public Library also provides public access to 12 Internet computer stations, wireless Internet, printing and photocopying, comfortable lounge chairs, a quiet study area, a children’s play area, a teen-friendly space, genealogical and local history resources, and programs to meet the needs of our community.
- Marinette: Adults Read Judy BlumeOctober 12 at 10 AM Did you read Judy Blume’s books when you were a child or teenager? For this book discussion lead by Librarian Mariel, please (re)read some of her books for youth and teens, including Blubber, Iggie’s House, Forever, and Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. Among... Read more »
- Marinette: Family Tree Maker and Find-a-Grave PresentationsGenealogist Randy Ray will be at the Stephenson Public Library on September 21 to do two presentations. September 21 at 10 AM: Family Tree Maker. In this presentation, Mr. Ray will show how to use the Family Tree Maker software program and how it connects with Ancestry and Family Search.... Read more »
- Marinette: Genealogy Discussion GroupLocal Genealogists get together at the Stephenson Public Library to learn from one another about resources and research techniques. Genealogists of all experience levels are invited to participate. October 28 at 6 PM At this session, Librarian Mariel will talk about genealogy and local history books recently added to the... Read more »
- MARINETTE: Fall Programming Brochure 2019Utilize the brochure to plan your fall! We are offering classic programs such as early literacy story times, book clubs, our annual Open House, Lego Club, genealogy groups, and Paws & Tales. New events for all ages including evening story times, an author visit with Ann Dallman, and T-Rex Tea... Read more »
- Marinette: Learn Over LunchAugust 8, 2019: Learning Express Library The Learning Express Library can help you learn workplace skills, prepare for the GED or college entrance exams, and prepare for a U.S. Citizens Exam. At this session, you will learn how to register and use the tutorials and tests in this website. Optional: Bring... Read more »
- MARINETTE: We want to HEAR FROM YOU!We are enjoying seeing everyone this summer. We are also busy working on our plans for the fall and winter. Please complete this 6 question INTEREST SURVEY to help us meet your needs! Summer Interest Survey 2019The post MARINETTE: We want to HEAR FROM YOU! appeared first... Read more »
- Marinette: Learn Over LunchJuly 12 at 12 PM: Transparent Languages Learn how to register for and use a website to help you learn a new language. Optional: Bring your laptop and your InfoSoup library card to practice along with the instructor. The post Marinette: Learn Over Lunch appeared first on Marinette County Consolidated... Read more »