Located in the heart of downtown Marinette, the Stephenson Public Library is conveniently situated on Hall Avenue, with parking off of Riverside Avenue. As the main branch of the Marinette County Consolidated Public Library Services, the Stephenson Public Library works in conjunction with the OWLSnet library consortium to share resources with community libraries across much of Northeastern Wisconsin.
In addition to the volumes of books, eBooks, audiobooks, digital audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines the library has available for the public to borrow, the Stephenson Public Library also provides public access to 12 Internet computer stations, wireless Internet, printing and photocopying, comfortable lounge chairs, a quiet study area, a children’s play area, a teen-friendly space, genealogical and local history resources, and programs to meet the needs of our community.
- BioBlitz: County Wide EventsNature isn’t a place you go, it’s where you live! Join us to explore the nature right here in Marinette County. Want to get your family off the couch and out for a real life adventure? All ages are invited to Meet Miss Lara from the Stephenson Public Library and... Read more »
- Marinette: Voyageur MagazineVoyageur Magazine September 12, 2018 at 6 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette Voyageur: Northeast Wisconsin’s Historical Review is a local history magazine published twice a year by the Brown County Historical Society, and co-sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. At this event, editor David Voelker will give a brief... Read more »
- MARINETTE: Youth Book Club ages 8-12Read the book and join us at the library! The club will include discussion of the book and a related activity. Limited copies of the book will be available at the library for check out early in the month or reserve your copy with your library card online with infoSoup. ... Read more »
- MARINETTE: October Preschool Story Time 2018Preschool Story Time: ages three to six with a parent or caregiver, siblings welcome Tuesdays at 10:00 AM check our Stephenson Public Library Facebook page for updates and cancellations Help your child develop school readiness skills in a fun and engaging environment. We will read stories, share rhymes and... Read more »
- MARINETTE: September Preschool Story TimePreschool Story Time: ages three to six with a parent or caregiver, siblings welcome Tuesdays at 10:00 AM check our Stephenson Public Library Facebook page for updates and cancellations Help your child develop school readiness skills in a fun and engaging environment. We will read stories, share rhymes and... Read more »
- Marinette: The Stanley Toy Story: Fame to FireThe Stanley Toy Story: Fame to Fire With Author David Retzlaff October 15 at 6 PM Stephenson Public Library, Marinette David Retzlaff, a lifelong resident of Oconto, Wisconsin, has made Oconto’s former Stanley Toy Company building his home since 2005. Since that time, David has done extensive research... Read more »
- Marinette: Borrowing eBooks and Digital AudiobooksAugust 22 from 9 AM to 12 Noon Want to try out the new Libby App? Use it to check out and download books and audiobooks from the Wisconsin Digital Library. Borrow up to 10 books at a time; download them from any location with WiFi. Drop in for a primer about... Read more »
- Marinette: Wednesday Afternoon Book ClubWant to read ahead? This is the list of upcoming discussion books. Check InfoSoup.org to order a copy of the book. August 22, 2018: Honolulu by Alan Brennert September 26, 2018: Beartown by Fredrik Backman October 24, 2018: The Finest Hours by Mike Tougias November 28, 2018: Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine... Read more »
- Marinette: Genealogy WorkshopAugust 9 from 6 to 7:30 PM: Recollection Wisconsin & Wisconsin Historical Society In this session, Reference Librarian Mariel will introduce these online sites useful in researching genealogy and local history. Practice along with her by bringing your laptop and genealogy tree questions. The post Marinette: Genealogy Workshop appeared first on Marinette County Consolidated... Read more »